Solar maintenance extends the lifespan of your solar panels and helps the system run to its maximum efficiency, so you get the most out of your investment.
How do solar panels work?
Solar panels work by absorbing sunlight into solar cells.
We don’t want to get too technical, but it essentially involves light particles (called ‘photons’) kicking atoms out of electrons. Little tiny cells inside the panels called ‘photovoltaic’ cells convert the sunlight into electricity that powers our homes.
The more sunlight that hits the panels, the more energy it will generate.
Unfortunately, however, solar panels get dirty. And that’s where our solar maintenance professionals can help you.
Solar panels are prone to being covered by things such as:
- Bird, possum or bat droppings
- Dust, dirt or grime
- Lichen and salt
This reduces the amount of sunlight hitting the solar panels and significantly reduces the output of your system. This extends the pay back period on your investment.
In most cases, rain simply isn’t enough to keep your panels clean and running at its maximum potential.
Our solar maintenance professionals are experts at cleaning solar panels. We get down and dirty whilst acting with extreme care to ensure your solar panels are as clean as new.
Do you feel like you aren’t getting the savings you expected, or want to check your system is safe?
We offer a range of solar services to ensure that your system has no faults in your panels, wiring, inverter or battery.
Our team offers the following solar services:
- Full Solar Maintenance Report – provided at the conclusion of any solar maintenance service, noting any adjustments made and any areas that will require further attention.
- Electrical safety checks on all components
- Electrical characteristics tests. Here, we will open and inspect all DC isolators to check the connections and water ingress.
- Solar inverter checks to ensure they running correctly and the air filters are clean.
- Racking systems checks. This is essential to ensure that nothing has worked loose.
- Physical cable and wiring checks. This includes fasteners and connections.
- Checking your roof for leaks or needed repairs.
- Backing checks. We want to make sure there is no destabilisation in the backing (i.e. yellowing) of your panels, signifying panel breakdown and a fire risk.
- Minor issues fixed on the spot
Our prices vary depending on system size and job required.